AIDS Drug Assistance Program
If you do not qualify for or do not receive “Extra Help” (low income subsidy) from Medicare to help pay for your prescription drug costs, including premiums, you may be able get help paying for your HIV medications through the California AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP).
ADAP will help cover the costs of certain HIV prescription drugs. ADAP is especially helpful for Medicare beneficiaries when they are in the coverage gap (doughnut hole) stage.
You may be eligible if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a resident of the State of California
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have an HIV diagnosis
- You are not fully covered by or eligible for Medi-Cal or any other third-party payer
- You have a modified adjusted gross income that does not exceed 500% of Federal Poverty Level based on family size and household income
Review the ADAP website for more information about the program, like which HIV drugs are covered, and how and where to apply. (By clicking on this link you will be taken to the California ADAP website operated by California Department of Public Health, Office of AIDS, which is not affiliated with AIDS Healthcare Foundation or PHP (HMO SNP).)
H5852_4006 2019 101518